ISSA celebrates student creativity and excellence in art by awarding scholarships to students who have a passion for art and have created at least two works in scratchboard.
ISSA will award two $500 scholarships per year to students enrolling in a two or four year post-secondary education institution. Awards will be announced on April 15 of each year.
Qualifications to Enter:
– be a full-time student and a senior in good standing in high school
– be continuing to a post-secondary education institution
– have a GPA of 2.5 or higher, transcript required
– provide a letter of recommendation from an art instructor
– write a 1000 word essay explaining qualifications and reasons for applying
– submit 6 current art pieces including at least 2 scratchboard works. Digital images will be submitted via the form below, please note that image quality is important and will impact judging. Please see notes below.
Application Deadline: March 15th of each year
In addition to the $500 scholarship, the winners will receive a one year Associate membership in ISSA.
The names of the winners will be published in the ISSA Newsletter, on our web site, and on our Facebook page.
ISSA Board Members, Officers and their immediate family members (parents, spouses, siblings, children) are not eligible.
***Regarding size & quality of art images submitted
– Please submit images in JPG format, at 72 dpi, sized so that the longest dimension is 1000 pixels
– Make sure your images include only the art – no frame, mat, or background
– Make sure your images are in focus, are color-corrected to accurately represent the work, and have even lighting (no glare or hot spots)
– Applications with images that do not meet these guidelines may be eliminated from consideration.
If you experience any problems with submitting your entry, please contact us.